Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I have a set of carbs for a Honda cx500 Custom, 1978-1982, or so I was told. I put them on my bike naively thinking I might get to actually ride it before last summer was over. They leaked really bad as soon as I opened the fuel valve. Can anyone tell me what they might be worth? Or should I find someone to rebuild them for me? I appreciate any input. carbs2.jpg carbs.jpg

·
Registered
258 Posts
You should rebuild them yourself! Larry's Carb Book (find link in the stickies at the top of the forum) is an excellent resource. Randakk's Cycle Shack sells a first-rate rebuild kit with Viton seals.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
$30 for Larry's book and $100 for Randakk's kit and you will have a nice set of carbs. Maybe $50 if you sell as is on ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24,404 Posts
if you dont want to rebuild them your self

as it 30 for the book 100 for the kit

then you need the chemicals to clean them in an ultrasonic cleaner to really clean them

and them most hear will tell you if you ask that it takes them a couple of tries to get them right

SO if the work and frustration does not appeal to you you can send them to

larry

me

they will be rebuilt test run and set up leak tested and sent back to you ready to run

·
Registered
152 Posts
if you dont want to rebuild them your self

as it 30 for the book 100 for the kit

then you need the chemicals to clean them in an ultrasonic cleaner to really clean them

and them most hear will tell you if you ask that it takes them a couple of tries to get them right

SO if the work and frustration does not appeal to you you can send them to

larry

me

they will be rebuilt test run and set up leak tested and sent back to you ready to run
How much would it cost to have you rebuild the carbs?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts