Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1981 cx500
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys/Gals, I bought a 1981 Honda cx500E trike conversion back in February, just got round to pulling the carbs and cleaning them, as I was taking apart there is no choke return spring at all, anyone know where I can source one cause everywhere I'm looking, mainly (David silver spares and CMSNL) do not stock anything, is there a "home diy" job I can do by wrapping some wire around the connecting pieces? Im in the UK too so its quite hard to source alot of things for this build.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Bicycle part Vehicle

·
Registered
CX500EC Eurosport 1982
179 Posts
I’ll measure the spring on mine and report back soon. Remind me if I haven’t done so within the next week. Once you have the dimensions you can order one; the tricky bit is, if I recall, that one or both ends has a sort of hook in it. I also seem to recall that it is quite a weak spring but with lots of coils.

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
18,925 Posts
Note that it is NOT a Eurosport model. As you were told here you have an '81 CX500 standard.
It wasn't explained to you at the time but many CX500 engine numbers all begin with "CX500E- 2xxxxxx" and CX500E ("Eurosport" or "Sports" model) have engine numbers that start with "PC02E-4xxxxxx".

The carbs your '81 standard has are different from those used on the CX500E (which I believe are the same as on the GL500) but I have a feeling that the spring you are looking for is the same on all CX/GL500 models.

I have changed the title so that people who might have the part you need will look at the thread .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts