Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK everyone. The Wiki has been moved over in it's entirety to a new location;

https://motovillage.org/wiki/hondacxgl/

Please update any links accordingly. The content is still a mess as it has just been copied over from the previous location (which had been messed up through the transfer process getting it to said location) but it's all there, in theory.

Joe (Elrodicater) has already been in there and has added some great content to the Turbo section;

https://motovillage.org/wiki/hondacxgl/index.php?title=Turbo_Fuel_System

...and one of the Facebook guys has sent in a new bolt list for the '82 Custom.

Anyone else who has free time and the inclination to help out - we need the formatting neatened up on many pages, and anyone with a hankering to add info is welcome to drop me a line and we can see about getting content added. I'm hoping to boost it with fresh info from the community and organise it into proper chapters so that it's easy to use and full of good quality community-driven writeups to help keep these bikes on the road. There are a lot of good hints and tips buried in forum threads that I know are hard for newbies to find - it'll be good to try to get them all in the one place. The new features are currently limited to things working properly (e.g. image uploads create thumbnails correctly) that weren't on the old Wiki, but there's more to come.

So far I'm out $30 and a few hours of time. Running costs won't be obvious until the Wiki is under normal use but I am expecting about $10/mo.

There is plenty of work to be done yet - there are some good extensions available, like social pages where you could post up your own bikes and showcase your builds, breakout boxes to help make the articles more readable and a bunch more. I'll post up changes in this thread as they come and I encourage people who post info on the Wiki to reply to this thread so that people can see the new info being added!

·
Registered
113 Posts
JC,

Thank you for all the effort you have put into this project. I have already visited and clicked to donate.

Guys the least we can all do is donate to support the WIKI.

Thanks

Bob C.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
JC, I had trouble with logging in. I know that my user name was capitalized on the old one and no variants of my user name or former password seemed to work, nor did the username/password recovery methods work.

Remember the Turbo FSM's I had sent you when we were trying to upload? I don't remember how many files I sent you, but I would like to get that stuff put in (I still have them if you want).

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
JC, I still have not received your PM. Ellison, thank you for adding your content, and welcome to the forum. Take a moment to update your signature line to include your bike details.

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Thanks for the info JC. A brief perusal yielded some posts where pics open by default, and some with just the text of the file name.

·
Super Moderator
3,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the info JC. A brief perusal yielded some posts where pics open by default, and some with just the text of the file name.
That's exactly the sort of thing we need people to hop in there and correct. I don't currently have a lot of time but I am doing what I can - anyone who has time free is more than welcome to help out neaten things up...

·
Super Moderator
11,451 Posts
Ellison, check your settings again. On the left panel search for "edit signature" then add the data in that open field then choose save changes. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
13,811 Posts
Thanks. I logged in and have set my preferences.

Something odd happened while I was trying to set my email address. The first time it timed out and the second time it gave an error message, complete with code. I was about to try again when the confirmation email arrived so I guess it worked in spite of the error.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts