Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

just did some valve lapping to try to bring up the compression a bit. (about 130psi on both) there's a lot of guess work regarding runability when one's compression is below 150 psi. Will do the valve clearance check and adjust next.
Q: Where do you put your HondaBond? Between low pressure gaskets, yeah? Not things like head gaskets, right? So, I did the clutch, (Barnett), made the clutch tool etc. Clutch cover and front engine cover look like a good place for HondaBond and gasket. Also removed the tachometer drive housing, HondaBond? Looks like a good place for it, with a gasket of course. Got a new cam oil seal coming too.

Photo link: aluminum polishing, clutch tool, etc.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnO5gGxaVT86nUITj-kfM8PDopST

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
you could use honda bond on the headgaskets i prefer to just spray a coat of copper headgasket spray on them less messy or likely to get on the cylinder walls

the front cover does not need sealer unless there are surface imperfections

·
Registered
326 Posts
you could use honda bond on the headgaskets i prefer to just spray a coat of copper headgasket spray on them less messy or likely to get on the cylinder walls

the front cover does not need sealer unless there are surface imperfections
^ That. I dab a little on the o rings for the water pipes. Gaskets go on dry unless there are nicks in the metal underneath.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts