Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the process of turning my gl into a cafe. I have a deluxe tank on and am making my own seat. Was set on running pods, but the more I think about it the more of a headache I dont wanna deal with. So my question is, do any of yall have pics of a gl with homemade side covers that look good?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I forget who it was but I know I've seen at least one bike with the sidecovers made out of a flat piece of aluminum or sheet metal, looked pretty good if I remember correctly. Probably wouldn't be to difficult to make if you have a sidecover to make a template out of.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
I forget who it was but I know I've seen at least one bike with the sidecovers made out of a flat piece of aluminum or sheet metal, looked pretty good if I remember correctly. Probably wouldn't be to difficult to make if you have a sidecover to make a template out of.

I believe I posted up some pictures the last time he asked the question.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, did i already ask it? me forgot, sorry

·
Registered
724 Posts
i made side covers out of sheet aluminum and then fiberglassed them. they turned out okay but i threw them out because i didn't like how they looked on the bike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.