Honda CX 500 Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Got foot pegs today and installed them but have not tested due to rain. My first thought by just sitting on the bike is that the pegs fafnir showed would work better because they would be on about the same plane as your R foot on the brake and the L on the shift lever. They are however below $100 (just under $65) and seem to be well made. Also, they are made to work with 1" bars by using plastic spacers. They are attractive to my eye and appear to be quality made. No instructions and would be a straight forward installation for a mind sharper than mine at 75. Hope to ride in the next couple of days to see how they work. View attachment 202715 View attachment 202717
Yours look very similar to mine accept mine has a longer arm. I also have a different crash bar. I bought this crash bar specifically for being able to add the highway pegs. I like mine very much so far. I got them fairly cheap on Ebay.

·
Registered
794 Posts
I don't know a lot about motorcycles but I am an expert on pain and attention. If you ever sit a 90 day retreat, you become familiar.
Yes, pain is a safety issue.
I still support adding highway pegs... but by your logic flip flops could be considered safe motorcycle gear if you had a hang nail, or safer to not wear a helmet because of a painful bruise on your head.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I still support adding highway pegs... but by your logic flip flops could be considered safe motorcycle gear if you had a hang nail, or safer to not wear a helmet because of a painful bruise on your head.
I have no idea what you are talking about. But it is funny!

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yours look very similar to mine accept mine has a longer arm. I also have a different crash bar. I bought this crash bar specifically for being able to add the highway pegs. I like mine very much so far. I got them fairly cheap on Ebay. View attachment 202718
I am looking at these:

·
Registered
794 Posts
I am looking at these:
View attachment 202721
I guess I lied. I bought mine on Amazon too and paid more than I thought. I am still very satisfied with them though. These are the ones I bought.
XMT-MOTO 1 1/4" Universal Highway... Amazon.com: XMT-MOTO 1 1/4" Universal Highway Long Foot Peg Footrest For Kawasaki Harley Suzuki Bar: Automotive

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Old Gold, very nice looking expecially for the price. I would assume the pipe clamp portion can be rotated so it doesn't matter the orientation of the engine guard tubing, vertical for example?

·
Registered
36 Posts
The position of the footpegs I installed on the Hondaline engine guards is too high. The type that Fafnir showed at the top of this thread would put the feet much closer to the foot controls and be more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Should have added. The foot pegs where they are are much better than holding your legs out in the wind.
That was my "safety" issue. I have put my legs on top of the cylinders to take the pressure of my hip joints. (not recommended.)

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
These don't work. They don't hang down, the pegs fold the wrong way.

I am looking at these:
View attachment 202721

21 - 30 of 30 Posts