Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I checked the cable bracket and it is fine. None of the cables had any tension on them ( i could move them easily with my finger) I did take it out for a little spin tonight of about 60 miles. When warm the idle jumps up to ~2500 rpms and falls very slowly when i take it out of gear. I put new carb boots on it as my old one on the right side had a small tear in it. The bike runs very smooth now with the exception being the idle, but even that seems alot smoother than before. For the first time I tried to find sixth gear! I did notice when I stopped for gas that the right intake may not be seated percectly, could this be causing my idle issues?
Chris,i take by your right intake,you are referring to the carb insulators.then yes,they must be perfect,with no air leak what so ever.

bike on main stand,ticking over,spray carb cleaner around all 6 carb joints.....any rise in revs,up or down,you have found your problem

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.