Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks all for taking a look. I've got my own little headache.

I ordered Larry's book and went through my carbs thoroughly, and re-jetted to 90/120 while I was in there. After the cleaning I aligned them the best I could on a granite slab, bench synced them, and have the pilot screws out 2.5 turns. I got them on the bike, hooked all my cables back up, and the bike fired up fine. It ran strong, but idles between 2500 and 3k rpms. I have the idle adjustment screw backed all the way out so I can't lower it anymore. If I push down hard on the other adjustment screw (can't remember the exact name, the one with the locknut) It lowers the rpms by about 500. I just used self sealing tape on the intake boots since they had some cracks, so I don't think I'm pulling in too much air there. The exhaust has some putts to it, and it sounds/smells like a rich mixture, when I pulled the plugs they were tan.

If it matters I did a compression test, and they both were between 88 and 90 PSI.

Anyone more knowledgeable than myself any ideas? Thanks again for looking

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Half closed when starting, then completely open. I made sure of that.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I did have the throttle open for the compression test

1 - 4 of 4 Posts