Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats on your new project. My method involved quite a bit of modification, including having a new exhaust. But the outcome i think turned out nice and clean. Mine is mounted underneath the gearbox where the collector H-box used to be (i.e. mounted to the same points). It's a gel battery that's mounted on it's side.

·
Registered
256 Posts
[font=arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif]

The battery is another issue. Gel Cells are becoming quite popular as they are a bit smaller, lighter and can be mounted in any orientation... I'm not sure I'd want mine underneath as it appears a bit vunerable but that is a real nice job on the install @ Gobears... I'd probably bash that on one our legendary potholes here in NOLA... I do like the idea of moving weight lower tho.

We got a lot of heavy rain where I'm at and it broke up a lot of asphalt. Now I'm dreading all the potholes that popped up around my area.

Anyways...as far as ground clearance is concerned, the CX is blessed with a lot...so the battery box actually clears just fine (the exhaust pipe would actually get busted before the battery box does...actually if i were to hit a pothole that big, i'd be concerned about a lot more important things than the bike...e.g. broken legs, arms, etc.). Well here's a shot of the opposite side showing the clearance.

kingjosiah, get creative with getting the look that you want. (while still staying safe of course). Mine took a lot of trial and error and head banging (and some tears) to get it how I wanted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.