Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
377 Posts

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seem those before, and they do look cool. You thinking of getting some?

Mike
yep, kinda wish i hadnt already sent my santa wish list out to the kids already.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I put 4 of these on the front of one of my motorcycles, spaced about 8" apart, they are awesome, highly visible and

noticeable from oncoming traffic. I recommend these marker lights to all my riding buddies.

·
Registered
385 Posts
It is cheaper for me to make my own. Yah Radio Shack! (or vetco)

·
Registered
2,601 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
That is why I thought of vetco instead. (it is a local electronics shop that has everything and anything electric)

·
Registered
745 Posts
great customer service,,,, i owe a set o four bullets ,,, but for what ever reason i have had them blow,,,,,,,,,, they were replace immediately by Mr fluke at bikevis,, will have my electrical checked,,,, i like these lights

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The killer to making your own is coming up with some sort of tiny enclosure. Sometimes you can get lucky and find a pair of conventional bullet lamps on closeout that take a wedge base bulb, in which case these are darn bright putting out 12 cd at a mere 15 mA: http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail...EpiMZZMtEjy7lsqBi5Z1hg%2b6XV/N%2bI4GU7bsShlc=

They're polarized but diode protected so if they don't work in one direction simply reverse the bulb in its socket.

I'm certainly open to other enclosure ideas for any type of LED.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I was just thinking of using modeling clay for a shell and use epoxy as an "enclosure". No need to worry about vibrations and if it does break... well I can make another.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I installed two of these on my GL. I also installed their podmods which modulate the led. I ordered mine from the UK, I don't see the podmods on the link. They are especially conspicuous at dusk, that's when the natural light is closest to the color temperature of a halogen headlight. I made brackets and hung them from the lower fork clamps, very easy to wire.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts