Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

My name is Dave and I'm a Biker...(in a nice way)

I recently obtained a CX500B 1981 model and thought I'd sign here up as I'm bound to have questions.

I remember the CX when they were the new thing and I almost bought a CX650 Euro in 1983 but changed my mind and got a Guzzi V65SP instead.

Since then I have had a Guzzi Cali 2,(which was my last new bike), various Beemers (boxer and brick), Guzzi V1000 with sidecar, 1984 Harley Low Rider (FXSB) 1994 Harley Road King and my current 2005 model HD FLTHCSE2 which is the 103" fuel injected Screaming Eagle Electra Glide

I felt the need to get back to having a bike I could do some work on and ended up doing a straight swap for an Aprilia Leonardo 125 scooter (don't ask) that I had spare.

Anyway - the CX has about 42,000 miles showing and seems to be generally roadworthy having passed the UK MoT test recently.

I have not yet taxed her for riding as I want to do some tidying first and there is a slow puncture on the front where the air is leaking past the tyre bead.

I know where the leak is so next step will be to take the loose wheel to have the tyre stripped off and I can clean up the rim to hopefully fix the problem.

While the wheel is out I will probably make a start to clean up the fork sliders too as they are a bit scruffy.

Looking at the manual, the front forks looked very familiar and then I realised they are Showa - same as was on the Low Rider

I will try to take some photos of the bike as I progress.

My next move is to find a replacement front mudguard/fender as the existing original one is pretty much rusted through where the integral brace has retained the moisture over the years although the remainder of the chrome is reasonable

OK - that's enough from me - I'm off to the pub for a quick one.

Talk to you all again soon

Cheers

Dave

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
hi Dave,and a warm welcome from spain.nice to have you in the team

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.