Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all from Northern Ireland,i think that i have meet in with some of you guys some yrs. ago in Co.Sligo at the cx/gl do.Well got rid of the old cx,but then could not leave the bikes alone just yet,so am now on a Honda vt 500e (1984)am very happy with her.All the best to all great site lads&lasses.

William.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
William, welcome to the board, now we have the whole of Ireland represented! It may have been Keith Green, a transplanted Pommie who has a brother, I think, somewhere in Ireland. He was at the rally about 3 years ago. He has been in Ottawa, Canada for many years and is very active on this board. He will probablly discover your post shortly. BTW, be careful, should you ever invite him to a pub.......I can't say much except the last pub he was in ran out of beer!

Gene

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi to all from Northern Ireland,i think that i have meet in with some of you guys some yrs. ago in Co.Sligo at the cx/gl do.Well got rid of the old cx,but then could not leave the bikes alone just yet,so am now on a Honda vt 500e (1984)am very happy with her.All the best to all great site lads&lasses.

William.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hello and welcome! I think my Carbtune was made in Northern Ireland...had trouble understanding why they wanted pounds sterling for it until I made the connection.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Hi Gene,yes indeed it was Keith Green ok,funny we was in da pub.lol

When I was in college, I did a guided independent study anthropology course called "The Ethnography of the Irish Pub". Needless to say it required careful research. Early in the study, I'd arrive in a pub in late afternoon and order my beer a half pint at a time so as to remain sober. However, by the time I completed my field work, I was beating down the doors in the morning and ordering a pint at a time.

It took me a while to get used to ice cold beer again when I returned to the states. Not as much flavor when it's damn near frozen...

Anyway, welcome to our forum. Half of America is part Irish.

·
Registered
102 Posts

William.

Welcome to the site William, you could have met me as well over in Sligo. I do remember some of that rally.

Kieth has already found me here and threatened to expose me, but I have enough on him to keep him quiet.

I live in Trim, Co. Meath and there are a few lunatic cx'rs around here. Give us a shout if your ever down this way.

Mike.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Jeepers,

So what is this now lads......"The Bleedin Irish Invasion"...

I thought i had all the "copyrights" to confuse the Americans !!!!

On how to speak proper English, how to drink(real)beer in vast amounts, that Guinness is the nectar of the Gods :) (only if consumed in Ireland)

Canada is "above" the states (geographicaly....LOL)

Anglo(pretend)Canadians, will invade there soil at least once a year (the Amish) just to give Phil our host a hard time......

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I goofed posting pics

·
Registered
511 Posts

William.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Several years ago visited your beautiful country and had to check out all the pubs with the name Daly or Daley or whatever cuz I'm about 3/4 irish and that's my last name. I frequently had to smile cuz just about everytime we'd walk into a pub they'd be playing western country music. When they'd learn that some yanks were in the place suddenly all the tunes switched over to traditional Irish. When asked from where I came I told them the same town that Jesse James gang got the crap beat out of them and suddenly I had about a half dozen gaelic speaking locals offering me pints. What a great country you live in. Your beer is soooo smooooooth!

·
Registered
382 Posts
Several years ago visited your beautiful country and had to check out all the pubs with the name Daly or Daley or whatever cuz I'm about 3/4 irish and that's my last name. I frequently had to smile cuz just about everytime we'd walk into a pub they'd be playing western country music. When they'd learn that some yanks were in the place suddenly all the tunes switched over to traditional Irish. When asked from where I came I told them the same town that Jesse James gang got the crap beat out of them and suddenly I had about a half dozen gaelic speaking locals offering me pints. What a great country you live in. Your beer is soooo smooooooth!

You have noticed that Celtic music and bluegrass appear to be one and the same?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Cheers Gene

I'm still determined to post those Irish pics..............

Myself and Fritz from Germany (after a few pints....
)

Another GOOD night in the pub......

The morning of our departure.........

All The Best............Keith............

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
ahh got to love the irish hell if it wasnt for beer we irish would take the over the world.......i am only a little irish my self 98% and 2% scottish so yea.....hence the name......but any way lets all be safe out there

·
Registered
762 Posts
Welcome Will! From Will

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
ahh got to love the irish hell if it wasnt for beer we irish would take the over the world.......i am only a little irish my self 98% and 2% scottish so yea.....hence the name......but any way lets all be safe out there

Darn it, Lucky! Now I have "Another Irish Drinking Song" by Da Vinci's Notebook stuck in my head!!!

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
glad i could make you happy girl......anytime....by the way whats the song sense there are a crap load of irish drinking songs out there.....

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
haha..... no, that's the name of the song- "Another Irish Drinking Song" by Di Vinci's Notebook. Look it up- it wasn't something I would usually listen to, but I'm always looking for new music, and it just got stuck in my head
Go figure

1 - 20 of 22 Posts