Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
Just wanted to say hello....

This is my bike, and I am "restoring" it back to 1981.
It is in great shape so it is just minor details to fix

Looking forward talking to you all.

All the best,
Michael
Stockholm
Sweden

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
=) Thank you Locomojo!
No it is just smaller parts that I need. (a crack in the indicator lens, front) You now...To get it 100%...
The engine runs like new...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What I need now is:
1. Indicator lens (front)
2. Pilot cover for high beam, oil etc...with nice white letters. I think I have one coming up via "Vic"
3. The small reflector on the side of the radiator guard. It is a crack in one of them..

Well...Then it is just a bit of paint needed I think (the muffler is a bit rusty)

=)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Do you guys use silver paint on the actual engine block or just polish it up?? The radiator guards and cylinder head turned amazing with polish and "wet sand paper"...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Im sure you will enjoy browsing around, lots of interesting info and builds here.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Welcome to the forum, best group of people on the net, and you wont find a more knowledgeable group on these bikes anywhere.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Do you guys use silver paint on the actual engine block or just polish it up?? The radiator guards and cylinder head turned amazing with polish and "wet sand paper"...
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum. I'm envious of your bike - what a beauty! I used Dupli-Color Engine Enamel - primer and "Silver" (I think). It was almost an exact match, has held up well and is tolerant of the heat. Not sure if you have it there or not, but I'm sure you could order it. If you really want the radiator guards and cylinder heads to shine, look in the wiki for Larry's polishing instructions. Beware - once you start down that road, you'll have a hard time stopping and will be polishing everything in sight. Below is a picture after I did polishing on the radiator guards, front forks, and cylinder heads. It also has the Dupli-Color paint on the engine

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Fuel tank

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Michael and welcome to the forum. I'm envious of your bike - what a beauty! I used Dupli-Color Engine Enamel - primer and "Silver" (I think). It was almost an exact match, has held up well and is tolerant of the heat. Not sure if you have it there or not, but I'm sure you could order it. If you really want the radiator guards and cylinder heads to shine, look in the wiki for Larry's polishing instructions. Beware - once you start down that road, you'll have a hard time stopping and will be polishing everything in sight. Below is a picture after I did polishing on the radiator guards, front forks, and cylinder heads. It also has the Dupli-Color paint on the engine

View attachment 22735
Thank you YankeeRon!
Yes, I love her! =)
Ok, I will take a closer Motor vehicle Tire Wheel Spoke Vehicle look at your advices this summer when I will get closer to my bike with a paint bucket... =)!!

The other day I "did" my "fork legs". And I only used wet sandpaper (800), Autosol (polish) and then Wax. It turned out brilliant!! Not to shiny, not to faded....

Come on summer, and I will take more care of my babe!

/Michael

1 - 14 of 14 Posts