Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was on the old forum for quite awhile, but got heavily involved in getting a couple old goldwings running and they've pretty much taken over my biking life. I still have a 78 CX500 that I traded for several years ago. I'm hoping to get back to work on it here in the near future. Trying to get ready for a ride to Port Orchard, WA and back in July, so may not do much to it till then. The bike was torn down by my brother when he found out the stator wasn't working. I have replaced the stator, water pump seal, timing chain and tensioner. I'm not sure I have everything aligned right though. I need to research that some before I go any further. I just found out yesterday that I have a set of head gaskets and other seals for it, so that will save me some money. I'll pull the heads and check everything out. It was a good runner when Leon had it. The only problem was the stator. I'll be on here a bit reading tech discussions and getting to know the cx again before. I start. Sure glad this forum is still here.

·
Super Moderator
2,852 Posts
They all make their way back home eventually! Glad to see your one of them.

Welcome back!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Welcome again!

? Where'd we put that fatted calf' ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.