Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Flood gates are open. Another BAT turbo just listed-(not mine)

Registered
If this bike really has done 520 on the odometer the former owners have given it a rough time for such a short distance. Maybe 500 miles off road? Also like to see some close up pictures of the fuel tank. Seems it has a very big dent on the right side. Also the rear brake disk looks if it has done much more miles than 520. Pity the logo on the tank cap is missing. Are the original keys still there??? And the owners manual?? How about the maintenance, they don't tell the bike is running.
My bike (650T and looking brand new) has done 107.000 km. Can I list it with 7K ??馃ゴ

Registered
It says it SHOWS 520 miles on the odometer and it does, What's the problem!!!!!!

Reactions: elrodicater

Registered
The problem????

Odo can be run forward to show 0 mileage or any other mileage after it wraps around 100K.

Odo can be replaced with a new unit with 0 mileage.

Logically, it seems very improbable this bike only has an actual 520 miles. Thus the skepticism.

Registered
I really get annoyed with these 500 mile bikes unless there is a real story to it. If I was going to guess, I would think it was rebuilt at some point and the owner wound it back then. I think many Greg Goss bikes are like that. Nice, but not new. This looks too rough for a 500 mile bike. It would also appear to have spent a lot of time in the weather by the way the plastic looks and the rust on various screws. I would much rather have one of Elrod's builds with the polished nuts.

Reactions: elrodicater

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
LOL! Maybe it was owned by Elvis... yeah, I'm betting the buyer backs out of that sale..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts