Honda CX 500 Forum banner
41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I have a 3/8" beam type that works in both directions. Zero is in the middle of the scale.
Correct...by definition....(but) I was talking about Warren and Brown types with Audible click/target indicator.....these will go out of calibration if used in the wrong direction....

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Those are super cool!!! I've never seen a wrench like that before.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
16,628 Posts
Mine isn't so fancy. It's exactly the same as this one except for the brand; I'd bet it was made with the same tooling but over 40 years ago. These days the only time it gets used is when the click type is too big to fit into the space (like re-torquing the heads with the fairing on)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
After quick google search it looks like the deflecting beam wrench like the W&B one is not that readily available here in the states. I found one called Powerbuilt, it was 1/2" and sold out. LOL The writeup on Motofaction talked about being built to "exceeding Australian standards"!

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Those are super cool!!! I've never seen a wrench like that before.
Agree...but I am biased as I have 2.;)
The lower range (up to 25Nm) is really handy with the audible click for tight spaces...small and light.
The larger ones (high range) have got a little bit of weight to them....maybe newer digital are lighter....

41 - 46 of 46 Posts