Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got shorter bars for my 82 cx500. how do i know exactly what length of throttle cables and brake hose to buy? where also would i get ones to fit my bike? the throttle binds, and the brake hose seems waay too long.

thanks for the help in advance!!

·
Registered
254 Posts
i got shorter bars for my 82 cx500. how do i know exactly what length of throttle cables and brake hose to buy? where also would i get ones to fit my bike? the throttle binds, and the brake hose seems waay too long.

thanks for the help in advance!!

Usually, you can re-route the lines to make them work without binding. You may have to use trial and error a few times to get it right. I am actually running stock length cables on my bike with the clubman bars. As for the Brake hose, I would just get a Stainless brake line. I forget what company they reccommend here, but I am sure someone will chime in with the name.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Reroute the stock cables. That's all you need to do. In different routes they lengthen or shorten perfectly. if you have shorter bars then you probably want the cables facing forward and then going around the right fork and back tot he carbs on the left side.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Are you replacing the standard Custom buckhorn bars? I'm looking to put some on my bike, possibly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.