Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!!!!!!!!!! I have a 1979 Honda cx500 custom...It has 42,000 plus miles on it.....My problem is that after about 20 miles of riding.( or when it is good and hot ) It starts go bog down...I can hit the throttle and It will just bog...and stays about 5 thousand RPM...also If I am sitting still then this starts this...I can hit the throttle and it will do the same...then all of a sudden it will take hold and Rev up....It only does this when it seems to be hot...otherwise...it runs great until then.....I had a mechanic look at it...He changed the coils with good used ones and other things...and It ran great for about a year....Now it is doing the same thing...Can you help me?...I don't think its in the carb...I think its electrical....The first time it ever did it I blew a fuse...and I replaced it...then it started doing it from then on.....Thanks...Also where (if any) can you get NEW coils for this bike?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Could be the CDI or stator, might try the "White wire fix" to see if there's any change.

Of course vacuum leaks can also be variable by heat. If, after it does this, can you pull over and it idles the same as usual?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could be the CDI or stator, might try the "White wire fix" to see if there's any change.

Of course vacuum leaks can also be variable by heat. If, after it does this, can you pull over and it idles the same as usual?

After it does this I can pull over and it idles just fine.....what is the "White Wire Fix"?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.