Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need new bearings for the rods in my cx. i've tried measuring the old bearings with calipers and they come up .057 in inches. thats smaller than my book says they used. i've checked all four bearings, all the same measurent. so i'm not sure which bearings to buy as they are too small to be any of them. please help, cause i'm at a loss.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What size does the book list?

Why do you say that you need new rod bearings?

I would suggest using plastic gage. It measures the difference in size in the bearings and the shaft.

IMHO a caliper isn't accurate enough to measure a crank and crank bearings.

Regards,

Dan

around here i can't find a doner engine and if its gonna cost me that much i'm just gonna scrap the whole thing. the bike has 17,00 miles. but somone over reved it and it cause an exhaust valve to crack and then come apart. that smashed a piston (i bought another set) and the pressure also smashed the rod bearing on that piston. the crank is fine, but i now need new bearings for the rods. anyone know a good way or tool to use to find my exact bearing thickness, so i can find what i need? the bearings do have part numbers on them if anyone has a way to find it via that. H24S 7102

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well, i went to o'riellys and used there digital calipers. i got .0595 as a thicknes. gonna go with the black bearings as they are .0590 - .0593, figuring the gauge was slightly off and thats the thickest set they make. i'd rather rebuild this engine than buy another and know nothing of what i'm getting into. especially when this will be my daily for a quite a while and get me 2,000 miles away from here. thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.