Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I bought a silverwing out of craigslist yesterday and rode it home 170 miles in a horrible rain YUCK!

Anyway It has a single seat and a high box behind the seat but no rear seat. I'm cramped and to far forward. I need more room. So I want to put a long seat like a CX custom has on it . What will fit that I can put on the bike ( SO I CAN RIDE IT!)?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
There is actually a rear seat that replaces the trunk. You could post that you are looking for one in the buying and selling forum, or you can check e-bay. You should be able to find one pretty easily.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hello everyone!

I bought a silverwing out of craigslist yesterday and rode it home 170 miles in a horrible rain YUCK!

Anyway It has a single seat and a high box behind the seat but no rear seat. I'm cramped and to far forward. I need more room. So I want to put a long seat like a CX custom has on it . What will fit that I can put on the bike ( SO I CAN RIDE IT!)?
Chances are pretty good someone on this forum might want to trade you their stock rear seat for your aftermarket trunk.

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Chances are pretty good someone on this forum might want to trade you their stock rear seat for your aftermarket trunk.

That's a stock trunk.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Again;

Blindstitch asked me how tall am I? Well , I'm 6'2" In weigh about 290 (Yes I have a pasta eaters belly) and the inseam of my levi's are 32" so I'm BIG! I'm also in my early 60's and not limber like I once was. I need to stretch out like when I had an 80 Goldwing interstate 10 years ago. Will a Goldwing seat fit on the SilverWing? My Goldwing was very comfortable for me.

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
The goldwing seats won't interchange. If you're only 32 inseam it should be fine. What you might want to do is take the trunk off and see how the bike fits without it. If it feels better which it should you can then consider getting the seat custom done to better suit you.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you are interested in getting rid of that back trunk I would be interested. ;-)

·
Registered
222 Posts
The GL500 seat is not continuous, there is a noticeable step between the front and rear seats which would make it uncomfortable to sit halfway in-between.

Scootching to the back seat may result in sitting too far back to comfortably control the bike.

Greg

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
It sounds like you have the same problem I had when I first got my cx. I don't know how much room you think you'd need, but a possible solution may be to just reshape your seat, maybe cut back some of the foam or build up some of the foam so it's more of a level seat pad than a stepped pad.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Im 6"4 and about 100kg and Ive got rid of the stadard bars on the gl500i and put straight bars to make the ride more comfy, I have some risers going on this weekend to bring my shoulder height up

·
Registered
242 Posts
You could also get a short trunk instead which would still give you some storage space but they are the same height as the back of the front seat so you wouldn't be crammed up, you could lean back a bit. I have one if you are interested.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts