Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The recent discussions on helmets has me wondering, what style helmet do you wear?

Full face/Modular

Open face

Open face w/face shield

Half

Quarter

Other

None

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me a full face modular Fulmer. And also a Scorpion EXO-100. Half helmet with a cool internal retractable visor. Fits my giant melon very well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Because I wear glasses, I find the Nolan flip front full face helmet works great. The only problem is because of the extra width for the hinged front it wont fit into the topbox on my GL.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I was wearing the half recreational purposes only helmet for the longest time. I didn't know it was a recreational helmet until my local city brought in a big swap meet. There in a big box was these helmets identical to mine for only 20 bucks. Thats when I saw the sign. Recreational only.

Since I got a real half helmet if there is such a thing. But its hot. Damn hot.

I like my brain soup bowl better. But I wish there was a half helmet with better venting.

·
Registered
41 Posts
3/4 with face shield. 3/4 only because I'm a bit claustrophobic and wearing a full faced helmet freaks me out after just seconds of wearing one.

Dan

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
The recent discussions on helmets has me wondering, what style helmet do you wear?

Full face/Modular

Open face

Open face w/face shield

Half

Quarter

Other

None

On my bike: open face. On my trike: half helmet

·
Registered
2,362 Posts

Full face/Modular

Open face

Open face w/face shield

Half

Quarter

Other

None

·
Registered
40 Posts
Full face HJC AC-12 Carbon fiber, lightest Helmet I have ever worn next to my old Arai. If some ass bag hadn't dropped my Arai (ME) I'd still have it.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Full face Zox. I'm mostly an ATGATT kind of guy because I want to live long enough to see my great-grandchildren grow up, and go on rides with them. They're two and four now. I know, I'm living ibn a dream world .... but .... hope springs eternal, and all that.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Full-face, an M2R job. I smile every time a bug bounces off my helmet, 'cause it's not getting stuck in my beard.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Over 45mph I typically wear my Full Face.

Around town I've been starting to wear a Half, but occasionally no helmit when I'm at 25mph or less.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.