Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a HJC full face helmet the clear shield lifts up and down perfectly, but my tinted one binds on the left side. It takes two hands to close(one hand on the grab tab, and one hand pressing the hinge) I can adjust the hinge a little in the holes, but that only lessons the binding, not enough to close with one hand. Anyone have any ideas before I file something I may regret?

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I have a HJC full face helmet the clear shield lifts up and down perfectly, but my tinted one binds on the left side. It takes two hands to close(one hand on the grab tab, and one hand pressing the hinge) I can adjust the hinge a little in the holes, but that only lessons the binding, not enough to close with one hand. Anyone have any ideas before I file something I may regret?

I guess try to compare the two shields to see if any difference exists between them, and make alterations/adjustments accordingly. That or purchase a new shield. I have to ask if the shields are not identical is it possible the tinted shield is for a different model helmet?The shields may be similar but different for various helmets in the HJC line.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I fixed it. The shield has a small tab that (I think) stops at full closed, half open, or all open. Sanded it a little with dry 500 grit and a drop of oil on a Q-tip lubed the channel the tab runs in.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
wow the times are way off i think unless you want back in time seeing how you asked how to fix your problem at 951

and then your last post was at 948 saying you fixed it so i think the site is messing up pretty bad

·
Registered
2,597 Posts

I fixed it. The shield has a small tab that (I think) stops at full closed, half open, or all open. Sanded it a little with dry 500 grit and a drop of oil on a Q-tip lubed the channel the tab runs in.

wow the times are way off i think unless you want back in time seeing how you asked how to fix your problem at 951

and then your last post was at 948 saying you fixed it so i think the site is messing up pretty bad

see what i mean look at the times

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.