Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've bought my CX about 10 yrs ago all banged up. It was in a bad shape and very cheap but running. I like the character of the engine, short stroke, very torquey for a 500cc. Sounded nice too.

Recently I had one of the pick-ups go so got Rae-san electronic ignition (can recommend, very happy with the product) and I got Murray's carb (also can recommend). Got the H-box out of the way and straight pipes into Kucelj exhaust (he copied the look of Marving but its fully open with a removable baffle). Kucelj is a local exhaust manufecturer in Croatia.

I think thats it..

Ah yeah, paint job is inspired by boldor colors of the era..bike is 1984 CX500 Euro.

At the moment I found out my final driven flange on the back wheel is in bad shape..so I'm looking for replacement...anyone got one?

Cheers,
Alen

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi all,

I've bought my CX about 10 yrs ago all banged up. It was in a bad shape and very cheap but running. I like the character of the engine, short stroke, very torquey for a 500cc. Sounded nice too.

Recently I had one of the pick-ups go so got Rae-san electronic ignition (can recommend, very happy with the product) and I got Murray's carb (also can recommend). Got the H-box out of the way and straight pipes into Kucelj exhaust (he copied the look of Marving but its fully open with a removable baffle). Kucelj is a local exhaust manufecturer in Croatia.

I think thats it..

Ah yeah, paint job is inspired by boldor colors of the era..bike is 1984 CX500 Euro.

At the moment I found out my final driven flange on the back wheel is in bad shape..so I'm looking for replacement...anyone got one?

Cheers,
Alen View attachment 202468
don't now of the Kucelj brand exhaust-a google gives me a few home language matches.
You seem happy with their product
Is this a brand that does other older/classics exhausts?
Same quality as Akropovic?? Have they been going long?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi bahn88,

Kucelj has been going for a long time.
Its a smaller shop but very flexible and affordable for that reason. They can make whatever you want snd yes, their site is only in Croatian..and not maintained for a while as I guess they've got a lot to do anyhow...I had to wait for about a month till my exhasts were being made.

They are quality made at least as far as I can tell and they do sound good...I'll make a short video soon and post it.

This is the website: KUCELJ EXHAUST SYSTEM – Izrada ispušnih sistema

·
Registered
140 Posts
Hi bahn88,

Kucelj has been going for a long time.
Its a smaller shop but very flexible and affordable for that reason. They can make whatever you want snd yes, their site is only in Croatian..and not maintained for a while as I guess they've got a lot to do anyhow...I had to wait for about a month till my exhasts were being made.

They are quality made at least as far as I can tell and they do sound good...I'll make a short video soon and post it.

This is the website: KUCELJ EXHAUST SYSTEM – Izrada ispušnih sistema
Look forward to the post video-I tried using google translate for the whole page but doesn't work.
I can translate section by section tho..
I can still understand a lil spoken Croatian-but very rusty on written..:unsure:

·
Super Moderator
14,074 Posts
That is a beautiful bike but I don't think it is an '84 because Honda stopped making the 500s when they replaced them with 650s in 1983.

I don't know if Croatian motor vehicle paperwork shows the model year or the year first registered but if it is year first registered you probably have an '82 that was first sold in '83 (there was a worldwide recession in the early '80s and a lot of bikes sat in warehouses & dealers for years).

BTW: Welcome to the forum. When you figure out your bike's actual model year please add it's model and model year (NOT year first registered) to your signature so that you don't have to remember to tell us every time and we don't have to keep asking when you forget (see Forum Settings link in my signature).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Sidecar Bob, thanks for the info about the model year..and it all sounds about right..I actually never really checked as it does say 1984 in my paperwork...

I'll figure it out and will do as you advised with the signature ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts