Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey folks,
I finally got my project to the point where I feel comfortable sharing. This is my 1980 cx500c which I have completely redone over the winter. I wanted something unique and fun to ride. yes it’s a blow through turbo, using the oem carbs, and yes, it runs very well. I’m running at 5 psi with 92 and 130 jets. 93 octane with fuel additive to stop any pinging. It has an efi pump that feeds a Malpassi bypass regulator, which is boost referenced to the plenum. I had a fuel return welded into the bottom of the tank for the bypass. That, along with the powder coating, we’re the only outsourced items on this project. I’ve been lurking this form, and many others, to resolve all of the issues I have run into. The bike is an absolute rocket and make all the right noises. I do not drive the piss out of it though, I enjoy the low end torque and pops and bangs from the side exit. The speed is there if I need it but not what this was about. Next up are an oil cooler, ignitech and Murray’s carbs. Looking at getting into a gl500 some time down the road.I hope you enjoy. Spence
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Bicycle tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive fuel system
View attachment 214191
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Nice build....any plan to take it to the strip to see how it compares to the factory turbo/bigger cc bikes?....i know you said you are not riding it "hard"..and track isnt the purpose....but...😀

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice build....any plan to take it to the strip to see how it compares to the factory turbo/bigger cc bikes?....i know you said you are not riding it "hard"..and track isnt the purpose....but...😀
I may bring it to the 1/8th mile we have locally. No other drag strips on the island. In comparison to the bike last year, when it was n/a, it’s much faster; scary in the top end when on boost. I run out of gears really quickly. I think I would need to upgrade my clutch before I do any real racing. I really just use it as a daily and enjoy having the turbo on tap.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts