Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd take a second and introduce myself since I just joined the forum. I have a 1983 GL650 that has been sitting for about 3 years. It has 13k miles and has been in my family for 25+ years. The bike has carb issues and some issues having to do with the bike falling over a couple of times. I'll be working on getting new turn signals and straightening the handle bars. Right now it is partially disassembled and the shrapnel is taking up two stalls in my garage. It would be great to get it going this week.

Anyhow, thanks for having this site. Hopefully I will be a quick learner.

I've seen mention of a book by Larry for the carbs. I may order the book and do the job myself, but also thought about sending the carbs out to have someone else do it. Any ideas on which is the better route?

·
Super Moderator
11,462 Posts
You can opt to send the carbs to Larry himself. I did last April and couldn't be happier. Best money I ever spent on my CX500c. Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am leaning heavily in that direction. Does he have a web page? If not, do you have contact info for him?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jtswenson: I just read your post asking the same question. I'll keep my eye on your thread so there is no need for someone to post redundant info.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Larry will come along and read this thread soon enough, chances are he's been out looking for another bike to resurrect.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts