Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all. I've just joined. I've been a long time CX500 rider, first owned one in the early 80s and have one in the garage.

I haven't used the one in the garage for quite a few years and am looking to get it up and running again. It was running when I last used it and never intended to stop rider it, so the carbs weren't drained.

I'm expecting the carbs to be all bunged up - and in anticipation of this, my question is ... what is the best way to clean them / de-bung them?

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
426 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Arkansas:cool: There is a wiki about the carbs and also Larry Cargill has an excellent book for cleaning and rebuilding them.:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Welcome to the forums from Arkansas:cool: There is a wiki about the carbs and also Larry Cargill has an excellent book for cleaning and rebuilding them.:D
I can second that on Larry's book. I bought it and it has been invaluable. I even emailed Larry with a couple of questions and he got straight back to me and was a great help.

My CX500 had sat for 12 years or more before I brought it back to life.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I'll look up the book. As Murray said, it might be easier to send it somewhere.

I didn't mention my location - I'm in the UK.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Unless there is a UK version of larry that may be a bit costly:D

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Like to Larry's book is in my signature line .... best buy I ever made when working on carbs (and I used to rebuild car ones for a living).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.