Honda CX 500 Forum banner

Headlight out

2K views 33 replies 7 participants last post by  Newt 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I am new to this forum and A new 1981 GL500 owner. I have a big problem I was hoping to get some input about. Everything electrical on the bike works except for headlamp. I do not have power at the pigtail. Fuses are all good, have power into hi lo switch, all other lights work, brake, blinkers, tail, running lights in front blinkers. I do not have Hi beam indicator light.
any help would be appreciated.
Frank

#31 ·
Ok so this fu?>”” thing is haunted, put everything back together so I could take it for Ride on this beautiful day and the damn light came on and stayed on for the duration of the ride.maybe all that cleaning and dielectric grease made its way to where it needed to go?
Thanks for all your help and advise. I appreciate this resource, safe and happy riding to all!!!

#32 ·
You still have a short or broken wire somewhere in the circuit.

In all my 30+ years in the mechanical/electrical world, I have never seen a problem fix itself.

You may need to go through the circuit again while moving, manipulating the wire harness or turning the handlebars lock to lock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.