Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, does anyone know what size diameter our fork tubes our on the CX500? i want to get some sort of universal headlight bracket that will fit our stock headlight.......

has anyone had any experience with a certain brand? any photos?

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
33mm. I used some of the generic ones and they were ok except for the one gouging at the cables on the left side of the bike. This was fixed by grinding down the extra material not needed and reshaping it.

They also held the headlight really close to the gauges.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great! i just ordered some off of Fleabay. i was thinking of using some sort of bullet style blinkers up front and i know if i use led i need some sort of relay right? what if i dont get led? do i need to make any adjustments in voltage?

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
Hey blindstitch, did you add rubber to make those fit tight?

Didn't need any rubbers. But I did upgrade the nut and bolt holding them on. The screw and nut held fine but it became a pain.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay, I ordered the headlight bracket and got it today. I put it on and it fits good and snug. Now the problem is how do I get a dome headlight housing unit for the headlight. I took some pics to help you guys see my problem.

Also, I had a fairing on the bike and I didn't like thats why I need the headlight bracket. Well.... I have A LOT!!! of extra wire that take up space (See on picture) How can I eliminate this problem?

Thanks, Randall Brooks

Note: Bike is dirty right now. Don't get mad at me =(

A bunch of wires that are getting on my nerves. Anyone got ideas? I'm about to just use a pair of scissors =)

Me holding the headlight where it should go.

Wires.. yay. NOT!

The headlight bracket.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
Doesn't need to be a cx custom. Could really be any large headlight bucket. Mine is from a yamaha 1100. Works just fine.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Doesn't need to be a cx custom. Could really be any large headlight bucket. Mine is from a yamaha 1100. Works just fine.

I see you all over this forum site and i seen your bikes..you deff know what your doing..my question to you is once i took off the front farring i got no headlight or brackets just wires like this guy..once i get the brackets, can i throw any headlight on there or what? i really like the bullet style headlight. Do i have to get special brackets for that style?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.