Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have a 1980 CX500 Deluxe that has the Windjammer package on it. I'd like to remove it and replace it with a standard headlight assembly this spring, but I'm having trouble finding the correct hardware. Could someone point me in the direction of an aftermarket kit? I would need the entire assembly, plus the headlight itself, and any wiring that needs to go with it. Tried to do this myself on fleebay, but got the wrong parts.

Thanks much!

PS: Loving the new forums! Apparently I forgot my login info between here and the old ones.

·
Super Moderator
15,409 Posts
Welcome back.

Well what you need is a headlight, turn signals and turn signal brackets. There isn't really and aftermarket kit but all you need is a 7 inch headlight off any bike. Turn signals can be put on the headlight ears.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome back.

Well what you need is a headlight, turn signals and turn signal brackets. There isn't really and aftermarket kit but all you need is a 7 inch headlight off any bike. Turn signals can be put on the headlight ears.
I actually have the signals and ears already.

Would something like this work? Or do I need an extended bucket for all the wiring from the fairing?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Greetings,

I have a 1980 CX500 Deluxe that has the Windjammer package on it. I'd like to remove it and replace it with a standard headlight assembly this spring, but I'm having trouble finding the correct hardware. Could someone point me in the direction of an aftermarket kit? I would need the entire assembly, plus the headlight itself, and any wiring that needs to go with it. Tried to do this myself on fleebay, but got the wrong parts.

Thanks much!

What are you doing with the Windjammer package?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts