Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Looks like a good find for the money, I like the bulb options as well.

I'll agree - gang up with a pal and do some drive bys at night with him in a car and you coming at him on your bike.

Not that half the people on the road care about where their light are aimed anyway, but if it does blind someone that leaves the potential they'll drift into your lane, it can also cause the local gestapo to pull you over and you know the story there - some aren't very motorcycle friendly even if you are 100% legal.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
The shape of the beam looks about like the Bat Signal

Now that I'd like to see a picture of. Can you somehow capture that on a camera?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I know this has been gone over before inthe old forum but I have mixed luck searching for stuff I know was over there.

1) What were the stator outputs of both the CDI & TI versions?

2) How much overhead do we have on each as in how many spare amps or watts?

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
100W isn't much more than the stock high beam, and light perception is a logarithmic matter but every watt helps.

I run 9005 high beam lamps in place of what should be 9006 low beams in my car, just have to modify the base on the bulb a tad so it will plug in. There's a possibility there are off the shelf variations on these bulbs you could do the same thing with.

Most of the "blue" bulbs I've seen sold at the auto parts stores weren't all that blue, more a light tint to them that, if anything, decreased the light output.

The newest high-end Sylvania SilverStars heft quite a bit of light but man are they expensive.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Ideal daylight color temperature falls into a band between 5,000*K and 6,500*K. 5K is closer to pure white, 6.5K is a bit on the harsh edge of a bluish tinge.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
Cant get a pic that works. I've tried without/with flash, and you just cant see the jagged edge.

Aim the bike at a large white wall or garage door?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.