Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This all depends on the price of the valve covers, you're looking at.....myself, I couldn't even see buying different ones. I doubt you need to replace the gaskets, but then again I can't see yours, but they are not a throw away type gasket and are kept moist by the oil....mine are 30 yrs old too and I doubt they look any different than they did in 1982.

As stated above it's not hard to keep them shiney once you get them shiney the first time...don't even need to take them off the bike to keep them shiney so IF the ones you're looking to buy are NOT already polished then what is it going to save you in effort ??

EDIT: I guess what I mean by all this is if you're worried about the valve covers being shiney then you're gonna want the rest of the aluminum shiney as well and I don't think you want to spend the money to replace everything so ya might as well learn to polish....it's not too difficult and gives you something to do when you're not riding the bike (which is most of the time if you think about it...right ?)

1 - 1 of 1 Posts