Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The numbers on a CX500 I bought lie just outside numbers that ID the model on a couple of websites, they are:

FRAME: CX500 - 2215877
ENGINE: CX500E - 2304987

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awsome, thanks heaps.

Would the wiring loom have any identifiers as to which year it comes from?

·
Super Moderator
23,405 Posts
There is a cloth tag roughly near the ignition coils on the loom. If it's still there and readable I would expect to see the original series {415} in the middle of the part number.

I'm assuming you're not in the US. Where are you?

If you fill in your profile info with your bike model and location this info will automatically display with each of your posts.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Photos up, came with a custom seat and pan, no tail lights, indicators, dead batteries and a blown fuse if you put it in park.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've read that, the guy customising it before me has fitted LEDs into the panel of the ignition above the handlebars which meant moving the fuse box. Ignition switch might have been damaged but is still the 6 pin connector that I think I need.

Waiting on a battery charger and mutlimeter to arrive to test all wiring.

·
Super Moderator
23,405 Posts
Disconnect the brown wire from the tail light and see if it still blows the fuse in park then... though I think the tail light would blow the fuse if the problem was a short in the light itself. Then backtrack the wire to the headlight and switches.

·
Super Moderator
23,405 Posts
Aside from being unwrapped that all looks fairly correct.

There appears to be a red wire disconnected near the battery and I can't identify the two lowest hanging bits.

Brown is lights, green is earth, light blue is one side indicator, orange is the other side. green/yellow is brakelight, Black is switched power from the ignition switch and red is constant 12 volt to the ignition switch.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts