Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter posts a picture of her - sitting on my DN-01 - without my permission on Facebook. Okay, I'll let that go. She's my daughter, it's in our yard, no damage done.

Today however, I come out of the office at lunch to find 4 teenage girls taking turns taking pictures of themselves - not standing beside, but actually sitting on my bike. This is Downtown in a public parking area. WTF?? Do others have to deal with this inconsiderate generation that feels so entitled that the world is their own, and anything goes? Do kids today just get no guidance of what is acceptable behavior?

I know it's a bit of a rant, but after all the things that have happened this week, I need to get it off my chest!

·
Registered
117 Posts
It may not be a kid, but my service manager took my cx out for a hour test drive a few weeks back cause I left the keys in the bag lock. I thought someone stole it till I heard it on the freeway right by the shop.

·
Registered
724 Posts
look up the sons of anarchy episode called "patch over" to see how some people handle other people sitting on their motorcycles

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
i would not be very happy either Don.what if the bike went over on their legs?

it does not seem to happen here.girls walk past no more than 2 cars or bikes,without looking in the mirrors to make sure they look pretty

if it continues,id put a cover on it

or peg,what looks like a soiled white towel on the seat

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
My 18 yr old is home for the summer from college and I've noticed that he and his friends will put all the lawn chairs in the garage and sit out there and talk, listen to music or whatever late, late at night. I'd guess they're smoking a little weed too, why else would they hang in the garage when the house is air conditioned....but I have NO proof of this so I say nothing to that regard. BUT I have made it VERY CLEAR to him that you and your friends can hang there all night if you wish but DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING MY BIKE !!!

Same goes for the little kids...they know the rules.

If I was you Sarnia I'd be giving those girls a peace of my mind and I personally would have called the cops....I mean if they were sitting in someone else's car that would be a crime....right ? Teach the little inconsiderate tramps a lesson !

Just my opinion

·
Registered
125 Posts
unless the bike all of a sudden ended up being a backdrop for a very nice calendar I wouldnt let anyone sit on my bike.

Sons of anarchy comment fits perfectly.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Unfortunately our modern society teaches and breeds this type of behavior. 'Do whatever makes you feel good'. 'As long as your not actually hurting anyone, it's ok'. Fortunately, my parents taught me to respect others and their property and I passed this on to my children.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
My 18 yr old is home for the summer from college and I've noticed that he and his friends will put all the lawn chairs in the garage and sit out there and talk, listen to music or whatever late, late at night. I'd guess they're smoking a little weed too, why else would they hang in the garage when the house is air conditioned....but I have NO proof of this so I say nothing to that regard. BUT I have made it VERY CLEAR to him that you and your friends can hang there all night if you wish but DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING MY BIKE !!!

Same goes for the little kids...they know the rules.

If I was you Sarnia I'd be giving those girls a peace of my mind and I personally would have called the cops....I mean if they were sitting in someone else's car that would be a crime....right ? Teach the little inconsiderate tramps a lesson !

Just my opinion
wow Rick,thats i little harsh.

why not........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN52vq7xmas

and give the cops a night off

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Nope. Not my bike, but my very first truck there was a guy I didn't know who had decided to make himself quite comfortable leaning against my truck. He was 6'4" and I'm 5'9" but I ever so nicely informed him that if he did not remove himself from my truck, I'd take the liberty and do it for him.

IDK. It worked, and almost a year later we were dating... LOL

·
Registered
798 Posts
@Rick, dont assume the worst. Its possible that they just want to hang out and talk without you or your wife around. I feel very uncomfortable having personal conversations with my friends when my Mom is around. I think its because my demeanor is different between the two groups of people.

Plus, if they were smoking weed, you could smell it.

@CxSarnia, Ive never had that problem. Of course Ive never had a nice clean looking bike.

·
Registered
117 Posts
look up the sons of anarchy episode called "patch over" to see how some people handle other people sitting on their motorcycles

I loved the before picture, and after.... that was deserved. Fyi soa is great show, can't wait for season 3 .

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
wow Rick,thats i little harsh.

Harsh ?? Really ?? Go back to what I said about "what if they were sitting in your car".....how would you feel then ? Would you not call the cops if you saw a bunch of kids sitting in your car ?

I would !

HOWEVER Bandit.....once they arrived I'd tell the cops "I don't want to press charges, I just called you to SCARE them from continuing this type of behavior".....then let them go on their way......

I'm not a total jerk, would just want to teach them what COULD happen if they continue.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
@Rick, dont assume the worst. Its possible that they just want to hang out and talk without you or your wife around. I feel very uncomfortable having personal conversations with my friends when my Mom is around. I think its because my demeanor is different between the two groups of people.

Plus, if they were smoking weed, you could smell it.

Classic.....this is way late at night after the rest of us are asleep. They DO have privacy as his room is WAY at the other end of the house....we couldn't hear them from our bedroom if we tried.

As well I would not be able to smell the weed either as the garage is 100 feet from the house in the backyard.....it's not attached.

Yeah maybe I'm being skeptical...it does look funny however...roasting hot during the summer, high humidity even at night....I just can't see why they hang out there instead of in the cool house as my son HATES being hot and sweaty.

EDIT: Even if I found out that they WERE smoking weed I wouldn't blow my top about it...I'd just tell him NEVER bring it in the house and if you EVER get caught well that's your problem not mine and YOU deal with the consequences.

I have NO problem with weed smoking...I think it SHOULD be legal, uhm just like alcohol.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
My daughter posts a picture of her - sitting on my DN-01 - without my permission on Facebook. Okay, I'll let that go. She's my daughter, it's in our yard, no damage done.

Today however, I come out of the office at lunch to find 4 teenage girls taking turns taking pictures of themselves - not standing beside, but actually sitting on my bike. This is Downtown in a public parking area. WTF?? Do others have to deal with this inconsiderate generation that feels so entitled that the world is their own, and anything goes? Do kids today just get no guidance of what is acceptable behavior?

I know it's a bit of a rant, but after all the things that have happened this week, I need to get it off my chest!

I've been a teacher in a high school for the past 5 years, and I see a definitely trend in entitlement and privilege. Seems a lot (not all, but more than there used to be) of kids now feel like the world should work for them and they should get what they want without working for it. Many kids seem surprised when they find out they actually have to do work in my class to get a decent grade, they feel like if they are a 'nice kid' or if they put X amount of time into something that means they'll be rewarded for it, regardless of the quality of the work or the actual effort put into it. I personally feel like its a combination of poor parents and the terrible role models these kids have now. Just look at the jersey shore jerks, or any of the numerous sex-tape-stars.

Sorry, this is one of those things that makes me really pissed off. Anyhow, that same thing happened at my school, I walk out after work one day and found my cx tipped over. I figured somebody must have backed into it or something, but next day I hear from a student some kid had been sitting on it and tipped it over. Luckily the school has security cams and they ID'd the kid, hasn't happened since but incredibly annoying.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
...I'd just tell him NEVER bring it in the house and if you EVER get caught well that's your problem not mine and YOU deal with the consequences.

I have NO problem with weed smoking...I think it SHOULD be legal, uhm just like alcohol.
i thought they were in the garage?

·
Registered
798 Posts
I can smell when my neighbor is smoking if I go outside, but his window point towards our house.

Im all for legalization. not that it would really change anything for me. I dont smoke because I dont enjoy it, not because its illegal.

·
Super Moderator
15,399 Posts
Sons of Anarchy is a good reference. Probably wouldn't work in Canada.

I was at Mods vs. Rockers with my brother and he wouldn't even touch the handlebars of my friends bike thinking about what might happen. If you're going to park a bike out on the street with Iso Grips on it you know people will feel up the throttle.

Most comfortable grips I will not afford.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Don, you're a good guy and seem pretty intelligent with common sense.....in time you will land that decent full time job and be able to get some. Have faith.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Happens down under as well.

Most teenagers think the world owes them something.

Not all, of course. Some actually get a job, leave home, buy ahouse and a CX.

Bah, humbug.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts