Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently picked up a 1979 CX500 completly stock. I plan on bobbing it out with a DNA springer front end and hard tail. Has anyone hardtailed one of these bikes, and if so does anyone have any tips on doing so? I've always wanted one of these bikes because they have alot of potential. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
A good amount of people hardtail them. Most of the time they get solid struts of a certain length and call it done. Some weld the frame to the swing arm.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I may have to weld it, I plan on running a solo seat and from what ive been reading I should cut off the rear subframe portion to do it. I mainly want the rear end lowerd to complement the 2" under harley springer I would like to run. Is there alot more to take into account with a shaft drive as far as hardtail vibration?

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
You can still run with shock mounts if you cut the frame behind the shock and weld ends to it. Many people have also done the solo seat.

Go to google and search cx500 and look at the images. or google cx500 bobber.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Here's a friend of mine's hardtail.

Finished it off with a suicide shifter...interesting to ride in traffic. NOT!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.