Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy and have brought to Thailand the Harbor Freight Ultrasonic Cleaner.

The specifications shown indicate 120v and 60hz cycle. Thailand is 220v and 50hz.

I can deal with the voltage with a transformer.

Will the cleaner operate properly at 60hz electrical cycles?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I am a little confused by the question.

Are you planning on just putting the electric from the utility through a 2 to 1 ratio transformer to get down to 110vac?

So no converter?

Either way it should be fine. The primary difference between the 60 and 50 hz is average power. As long as your not loading the system insanely near the limit of your allowed load it makes no difference. The H.F. sonic cleaner cannot pull more than what an amp or two?

Using the step down transformer is fine. the 50 hz vs 60 hz difference is negligible for that kind of application.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a little confused by the question.

Are you planning on just putting the electric from the utility through a 2 to 1 ratio transformer to get down to 110vac?

So no converter?

Either way it should be fine. The primary difference between the 60 and 50 hz is average power. As long as your not loading the system insanely near the limit of your allowed load it makes no difference. The H.F. sonic cleaner cannot pull more than what an amp or two?

Using the step down transformer is fine. the 50 hz vs 60 hz difference is negligible for that kind of application.

Yes, I would be using a step down transformer for the voltage only.

No converter to take 50hz up to 60hz, that would be prohibitively expensive.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts