Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a few of you guys have installed hadlebar risers but I cannot find a post on here or the old site.Can one of you give me the low down ,maybe even a link to a seller please.

Im looking at them for my 78 cx500 and gl550i.

cheers

mal

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts
I'm using a set of Rox-Risers.

These are the best solution although the price is a bit higher. When looking for some to accommodate to the supertank I noticed that most dogbone risers hold to far out to the sides making it impossible for some pairs of aftermarket bars.

What's your goal or intention with the risers?

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I need to raise the bars just a bit ,no Im not bending the bars,just to raise my shoulder height and general position.

jezz there not cheap either,might have a look around the bike shops over here,but thanks for the thumbs up

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm using those same risers, they work nice. Mine are the 2" height in "Black" as opposed to the silver ones in the above photo. The 2" set makes it a little difficult to get at the lower allen bolts though. The best price I found is here. -Joel

·
Registered
13 Posts
I installed a cheap set of dog bone 4" risers I got from eBay. It's a tight fit on my stock GL500 bars, but they seem to work. But with 4" of rise, cables and the brake line are too short. I think I can reroute the throttle and clutch cables to gain the distance, but what can I do about the brake line? Anyone know of a source for non-stock brake lines, or a method of extending them reliably?

My reason for this is coping with some back pain due to old injuries.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I got my stainless brake hose off ebay for about 40 with shipping. 300 miles and it works perfect. Perfect enough I'm going to have him make a set for my triple and probably my ninja.

I'll get his ebay name for you later today.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Not joking.It may be cheaper and better in your case to lower the seat.If your seat cover is not 100% or even if it is then a good upholsterer could re-cover it and chop an inch off the substantial foam.This would in effect raise the bar height for you and depending on your height make straddling the bike easier and perhaps even better handling plus less wind resistance.

Why spend a load on some risers when you could use that money to have a nice re-conditioned seat that will do several advantageous jobs

Just a thought

1 - 9 of 9 Posts