Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i put drag bars on my bike which work pretty well for the most part... only problem i've run into is the clearance with the left plastic piece that has the blinker switch on it..

Does anyone have info on how to wire up a custom switch. The plastic one is just way too bulky and large. Suggestions and criticism welcome

thanks guys

·
Registered
402 Posts
pics? I don't know what you are refering to...

·
Registered
979 Posts
Theres universal ones on ebay, but most switches ive seen are about the same size

·
Registered
979 Posts
I put clubmans on my bike and my controls hit, so im gonna try to make some kind of steering stops

·
Registered
1,219 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
You could always try what I'm doin - I'm not gonna run any switches on the bars. I've got clubman bars on my 500 with GSXR brake and clutch levers. In the process of making switches that will mount below the seat. Should have them done this weekend.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Will sure look clean, but id like the blinkers and kill switch to be in closer reach. What are you using for the throttle?

·
Registered
197 Posts
Will sure look clean, but id like the blinkers and kill switch to be in closer reach. What are you using for the throttle?
I don't want to steal this post so I'll make it quick. No turn signals (that's what arms are for), throttle sleeve is just a standard 7/8 I bought on ebay. Start button, kill switch, horn, and lights will be under seat - no other switches needed. i'll start a new post this weekend when its done.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.