Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bluewing and I are taking our motorcycle riding course this weekend and he would like us to be able to ride our bikes and I haven't taken any long rides except around town so earlier this morning i just kind of jumped into a longer ride on a long back road going about 50 - 55 mph and I was nervous and couldn't wait to get back home. I told my husband how I felt and he told me to try to calm down and just have fun and that is what I did. It was a stupid thing to do, I should have taken some time to practice and then go for the ride. Not to mention I was riding his bike not mine so it felt different. I was wearing boots and have always worn tennis shoes.

I took my husbands (Bluewing) advice as well as everyone on the forum and I went out and practiced, practiced and practiced.I went into a empty parking lot and got comfortable taking off, I was having some trouble finding the friction point, and making turns. I kept doing this for about an hour until I felt comfortable and then I took about a half hour ride and had the best time and wasn't nervous at all.

We take our motorcycle training course this Friday, Saturday and Sunday and now I am looking forward to it. I am not sure why I was so nervous, but I am so glad it is gone. It is almost 70 here today and II would love to take off my helmet and motorcycle jacket but I know safety first!

i just know I had a blast and now I see why everyone loves to ride so much!

·
Registered
8,422 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.