Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any tips on what kind of glue to use for hand grips? Looking for something that won't weld it on for all eternity, but will keep it place. My right grip is fine, but my left one creeps down and after a while I have to push it back into the correct position.

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,404 Posts
Shep seems to suggest hair spray.

I kind of like making the handle bar thicker. Like ripping a piece of duck tape 5 inches long and wrapping it around the short side.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I use what the factories use..rubber cement. It never hardens, just becomes rubbery. Makes removing grips easy, just hold a steady pressure and they'll come off easy. Easy cleanup for new install too, just rub it a bit and it comes right off. A little dab will do ya, a 2 inch brush line on opposite sides inside the grip is plenty.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've always used hairspray but on a new pair of ProGrip's, the hairspray didn't stick well. I ended up using clear spray paint and they no longer move.

Greg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.