Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have one, want one, believe it will work, have a substitute option like crosses or rabbits feet?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Do you have one, want one, believe it will work, have a substitute option like crosses or rabbits feet?

I currently don't have a gremlin bell, but i want one. I was told by an army seargent that they have to be bought for you. Not sure if that is true, but I wasn't going to argue with a guy named jody who has been serving for 30 years.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
No don't have one, don't need one, and seriously don't believe in them. Irrational superstition of folklore.

As far as I see them, just another piece to clean on the bike. No rabbits feet, lucky coins, etc. Just a big ass air horn

to scare off the critters and cagers.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I think those only really work on Harleys, they are the only ones that need them too I think.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I currently don't have a gremlin bell, but I want one. I was told by an army sergeant that they have to be bought for you. Not sure if that is true, but I wasn't going to argue with a guy named Jody who has been serving for 30 years.

I thought Jody was the guy back home who was enjoying your girlfriend or wife while you served overseas:

You left your girl and Jody in bed,

You'd rather be there, but you're here instead.

Ain't no use in callin' home,

Jody's got your telephone.

Aint no use in lookin' back,

Jody's got your Cadillac!

I'm gonna take a three day pass,

Can't wait to get Jody in my grasp.

And when I get that three-day pass,

I'm gonna kick old Jody's ass.

·
Premium Member
1978 CX500 "The Grub", 1983 GL650I "Nimbus"
12,263 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,263 Posts
I think those only really work on Harleys, they are the only ones that need them too I think.
The bell is for when they're broken down on the side of the road, to get the attention of passing riders on those quiet Hondas (who carry tools they never need to use.)

R

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Caution.

R

Yep its a fine line between ok and getting booted off the forum. But hey it's like me buying poppies from veterans every chance I get. Every vehicle I have has one wrapped around the rear view mirror. And if I'm riding with a friend somewhere and they're selling it's on their mirror.

·
Premium Member
12,263 Posts
Yep its a fine line between ok and getting booted off the forum.
No, I mean I rely on caution, rather than superstitious knickknacks.

I do say a prayer whenever I start out or enter the highway, though.

R

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yep its a fine line between ok and getting booted off the forum. But hey it's like me buying poppies from veterans every chance I get. Every vehicle I have has one wrapped around the rear view mirror. And if I'm riding with a friend somewhere and they're selling it's on their mirror.

I do the same thing.

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.