Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Managed to win both the front and rear rim, air box to carb boots, and a nearly new timing chain assembly off ebay for 60 bucks. I needed a rear tire anyway, so I decided to upgrade the rim size to the 1978 rim.

I got a Bridgestone Spitfire s11 120/90/18 , same tire as last time except the last tire was a 16". Forgot how nice a new, round rear tire is to ride on, makes turning a little smoother.

Also, the slightly reduced RPM's are nice, plus, I like the bike with a bigger rear tire, it looks a bit different now. I got the matching front rim since the 78's are the silver comstars - are the silver ones the reverse, or are those the black, I can never remember.

I have the rear tire at 36 pounds, similar to the last one, on recommendation from the email I received back from Bridgestone when I asked about the recommended tire pressure. I'll keep it there for a while, and play with it a bit to see if more or less is better.

Mike

·
Registered
273 Posts
The black are "REVERSE" Comstar ;

The 'silver' are just - Comstar

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The guy was reasonable for shipping too, it was only $28 bucks to ship all that to me.

Thanks for the reminder on which comstars were which, I get confused, since the new one doesn't say anything on it, but my old black one says "Comstar"

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts