Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I Came across this series of videos on You Tube that a gentleman posted on his resurrection of a cx500 turbo he had.

This is not me.

This is a VERY WELL PUT TOGETHER series and shows him fixing numerous typical things that can happen during a restoration. This video is great for someone who is not familiar with the bike as he goes through many different features of the bike from how the ignition works, clutch, brakes, fuel issues and other basic info. Even if you are experienced with the bike, I think you will enjoy this series and agree that this guy does a good job.

It shows how someone not familiar with these bikes can be very resourceful and easily work on the bikes.

I highly recommend watching this series if you have not as it is very interesting. I have watched it a few times now.

CX500T Resurrection, Day 1 - intro
CX500T Resurrection, Day 2 - wiring, initial power on, restoration tips
CX500T Resurrection, Day 3 - wiring, evaluating startup sequence, computer issues, throttle sensor, dirty connectors
CX500T Resurrection, Day 4 - questions
CX500T Resurrection, Day 5 - turbo check, reed valves, First start
CX500T Resurrection, Day 6 - fuel leak fix,
CX500T Resurrection, Day 7 - clutch noise evaluation
CX500 Turbo, day 8a. - Brakes
CX500 Turbo, day 8b. - Brakes
CX500 Turbo, day 9. - brake boots, clutch fix, final run

Reactions: stjohnfoster

·
Registered
145 Posts
That is one of my bikes. Guess I have more maintenance info than I thought. At least the same decals/paint on the fairing and rear cowl, wire loom, and the mileage looks to be 45K. HA Small world!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts