Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, my name is Sebastian, yesterday I bought CX 500 C.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Headlamp

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car

Firstly I was looking for base for cafe racer, but it is in very good condition and I wonder?

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
that is a nice looking bike

·
Registered
274 Posts
Beautiful bike. Don't destroy it by chopping it up; there can't be many CXs as nice as that in Poland. If you really want a cafe racer start with an ugly ruin.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Hello + welcome Sebastian.

You bought this nice bike from Germany ;)

What is the little blue fitting/nipple on the coolant reservoir ?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Uh, can I borrow your time machine? That bike looks like it came off the show room floor yesterday. Please keep it in that condition so it can be admired by all who see it.
Welcome to our little online club.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thnx for all posts. Actually accu is fail. I bought the one new 12V14Ah, the next week it will be at home. By using the car accu and cables I started an engine, it is working perefectly. I drove about 3 km and the power is much than enough for me. Really it looks like it is max 10 yeras old. Exactly I don't know what are the nipples in the reservoir tank (maybe for vapour?). What helmet is the best for classic moto?

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,736 Posts
You really should be asking which helmet is best for your head. Without getting into a religious debate, just about any helmet that meets the current European standards should give good protection. Maybe Guelli has more to say about this?

BTW: Aren't you going to ask Murray how he knows about the brake shoes?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi Sebastian!

RE:
Firstly I was looking for base for cafe racer, but it is in very good condition and I wonder?
if you are asking..
Beautiful bike. Don't destroy it by chopping it up; there can't be many CXs as nice as that in Poland. If you really want a cafe racer start with an ugly ruin.
gets my vote. maybe get some lower handlebars and see if that is enough to satisfy you. I think it better to sell this bike on to someone else, than to change it radically

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Of course I was going to ask Murrays about brake shoes. Handlebars are awful and it will be the next change. The seat cover is broken in one place and I have to repair it. I bought engine oil and filter, but in the shop there wasn't oring and it will be in the next week (I'll wait for it).

·
Super Moderator
'84 CX650E that is evolving into a GL500
17,736 Posts
The oil filter o-ring can be re-used a number of times but it is a good idea to replace it at least the first time so that you know its history.

And speaking of old rubber parts, its good to see that yours already has stainless steel braided brake lines. Way to many 30+ year old bikes still have their original rubber ones that were really only good for 5-6 years. I assume that you have checked the date codes on the tires?

BTW: I would also recommend changing the final drive oil and you should consider servicing the cooling system or at least changing the coolant.

Also, go to the CX500 Wiki (link in my signature) and download the Factory Service Manual.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi. Almost identical to mine.
That is really a nice bike.
I think i know where you bought it from. Does this guy have few more of them for sale? I think he has.
PS: Widze, ze zalogowales sie u nas na forum na CX.fora. Zapodaj jakies foty i tam.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts