Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1982 CX500, have started the mod process by de-plasticing the front, next job was changing the tyres for scrambler type dual purpose....... Went to put rear wheel back on and appears I've mislaid a spacer, axel goes through non-drive rear arm, then tapered spacer then brake hub, wheel drive side nut & split pin, only it appears as though there should be another spacer on the non drive side, anyone with a standard CX care to measure the distance between the rear arm and hub to put me straight?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers, thats the diagram I have, it makes it look like I have all the bits, but will have to take another look, as its just not quite right, wheel is offset to the left and tyre rubs on arm with much more clearance on right hand side

·
Registered
24,578 Posts
what size is the tire you mounted ??

is the distance collar in the final drive or could it have fallen out

the tire is closer to the final drive side of the swing arm that is the way it is supposed to be

post a few pics so i can have a look

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah! I've now sorted it, another lesson learnt! I hadn't put the axle in enough, there is a collar on the axle which forces the loose tapir further right, centering the wheel, lesson learnt, thanks for the info

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
There are no parts left over, I have learned the hard way tag everything, take photos write notes in the manual. I use plastic tubs like Tupperware or Rubbermaid that can't be used for anything else but to put hardware in so it stays separate and not lost. Sometimes time goes by from when you take it apart to when you put it back together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.