Honda CX 500 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got an amazing offer to exchange/barter my gl400 reverse comstar wheels for front end & rear wheel of gl700 JP.

tryple tree of gl7 is fit to my "cx'?

and how hard is way for use rear wheel from 4 bolt final drive of Gl7 to my 3 bolt final drive?

all what i know they is different drive flanges.

thanks in advance guys

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You can't get the Male and female flange to interchange

They are spaced wrong and the bearings are not in the wheels

In the correct position the only way of doing it is to swap drive shafts

Swing arms final drives and wheels as a unit

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clear ...
what you will say about swap tryple tree of gl7? (which is the same as gl650 i belive)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
the output shaft depends on which way you are going

if you have the output shaft with the retaining bolt and you go to the 4 bolt rear axle that is spring loaded

it will rest fine

if you go from the 4 bolt to the three bolt you need to swap output shafts to the one with the retainer bolt

the triples should be the same dimensions

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I understood all what you said and mean murrayf, my respect to you.

I will not give up and (will receive) the rear wheel gl7. and I long time wanted twin shocks swingarm by cx650c (or cx400c JP) to my gl, after when I saw it here on yours bikes pictures, looking really cool.

else+ I inevitably have to open the engine for repair 2gear, and could be also replace the output shaft.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
hello guys. I'm waiting parts of Gl7 which is shipping to me, and now I'm ready to buy another him parts and i don't know the fuel tank of Gl7( like Gl650 I belive) is fit on my Gl4 G8 frame ?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
received. very good condition parts as i see.

3500km from Russia through Kazakhstan to me, and I paid only $ 50 for shipping , amazing!

·
Registered
190 Posts
received. very good condition parts as i see.

3500km from Russia through Kazakhstan to me, and I paid only $ 50 for shipping , amazing!
Wow! It would cost that much in the US to ship one wheel.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Bud. this is a big different really, but different the level of earnings between us respectively.

I'm needed the radiator for Gl which i can't find for sale here , then i looked it in Japan and there was price 10$ for very good an radiator, but with shipping it is 130 $, fuel tank also +150$

·
Registered
190 Posts
Hi Bud. this is a big different really, but different the level of earnings between us respectively.

I'm needed the radiator for Gl which i can't find for sale here , then i looked it in Japan and there was price 10$ for very good an radiator, but with shipping it is 130 $, fuel tank also +150$
Ouch!

·
Adam312
17 Posts
Hi guys. His gl700 cafe racer project is finished. the main changes this is a new custom saddle, custom rear led tail light , forks 45mm by cbr919rr, conversioned spoke wheels r17 and r18 in front on gl400 hubs, brake rotors 240mm of gl400 , full custom exhust, and etc

·
Adam312
17 Posts
By the way, i am "Adam312" )

It was difficult but I found one radiator, it was in terrible condition, the cooling fins of the front side were wrinkled by 90% the square , I planned give it to a special workshop for repair but they all refused, and moreover they said that it was almost impossible to make the repair and advised to buy another radiator.

In short.. I took an special sharp nippers for cutting skin around the nails and cut off rib layer about 3mm of the face side radiator, after I found that a lot of fluff was stuck inside between fings everywhere . About 30 hours worked ..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts