Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for a couple weeks to finally get all the parts home to build my GL650I the wait is almost over!!!! I went with a friend to pick everything up Tuesday night from a member on the forum who was planning on parting the bike out, but he was sick of having all the parts just sitting around, so I bought them all for a really really low price, but once we got back to my friends shop it was really late at night, and he didn't want to drive another 45 minutes to my house, then 45 minutes home, so he's keeping it at his shop and bringing it over today on his way to pick up his kids for the weekend!!!!! Thing that sucks is I'm starting work Monday at 5 AM working 10 hr days, so I won't have much time to work on the bike, which is why I was wanting it before so I could get started on the bike then get a job shortly before unemployment runs out..... But I don't have a license and got pulled over 2 days in a row and quit riding for a while even though I was lucky as hell and didn't get a driving on a suspended ticket either time, it isn't a risk I'm taking unless I absolutely have to, or if I'm riding with a group, because I've never seen a cop pull over multiple bikers, but anyway, can't wait till my GL gets here!!!!!! I know what I'm doing ALL weekend!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
speedometer doesn't work and I wasn't in 5th gear, hit 55 in a 45 the 1st time, and lights were dying so I could hardly see the road let alone the tach and was doing 65 in a 55 on the way home the night I paid for the bike... So do to speed, which isn't usually an issue, but usually I try to watch it closer...

Also won't be in tonight, my friend had the shingles on his roof blown off in the wind today, so it's probably Sunday, which means I probably won't get hardly any sleep before starting my new job at 5 AM Monday, being that it's a 30 minute drive, and I like to be early, so I'll be getting up at 3:30, so I might just stay up all night, can't say I'll be ready for bed by 11 pm with a new bike coming, and if I don't get 4 hrs of sleep I'll just stay up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.