Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Edit- This has become a parts listing for a 1983 GL650 Interstate.

Started teardown today, here's a few parts to start with

1. Rear foot pegs and front foot pegs without rubbers. $15 for all 4 + shipping

2. battery box, solid but needs painted. $5 + shipping

3. Taillight, tested works good. $15 + shipping

4. Fairing lowers. $20 each + shipping

5. Radiator grill. $10 + shipping

6. Radiator, electric cooling fan and shroud. $60 + shipping

7. GL650I right caliper. &20 + shipping

9. Set of rear luggage bars with helmet locks, with a key! $35 + shipping.

11. Ignition switch and Gas cap combination with one original honda key to fit both. $45 + shipping

12. Guages in good shape with mount. $50 + shipping.

13. Complete Exhaust system, road rash on right header pipe, but very useable/paintable. $70 + shipping

More to come!

·
Registered
168 Posts
AND I THOUGHT ONLY OLD FARTS (LIKE MYSELF) WERE INTO THE SILVERWINGS??? QUITE A NICE COLLECTION OF BIKES YOU HAVE THERE FOR A 30 YEAR OLD.NOT BAD

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Why thank you. It is more of a bad addiction than a collection however. Some people get addicted to drugs and alcohol, for me it's motorcycles and other gas powered projects. I once owned a barstool racer with an 8hp motor, ran myself over with it... Twice. I once built a mini-bike that would go 45 miles per hour on turf tires rated for 15mph.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Man if you were closer. Looks like a fun project.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll give it another week or so while my back heals from a terrible strain, then if this is still here it'll slowly start blending into my pile of backup parts. I do appreciate all that are interesed and understand that distance can be an issue and this is really the wrong time of year.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok, without starting any feeding frenzies, I will slowly but surely be parting out the GL650I pictured above. Some parts I will be keeping for myself for spares, lots of stuff I don't feel I will need. If there is something you are looking for, let me know. It's in the teens and twentys outside right now, so It will be a long slow process of the strip down. Things I'm keeping for sure and are not available- the motor and all it's major pieces, the carbs, and the controls. I will do my best to help with what I can, but again, don't be in a rush

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No problem, I think we can work something out. Can you send me the parts diagram with the numbers of the parts you need. Just want to make sure I set aside the right parts when I get to them. Do you want just the wiring box or part of the wiring too?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes it is the right side of the swing arm and it is the first 3 pieces on the swing arm assembly maybe someone can help us with a diagram and looking for the box and the clamps that hold it to the forks no wiring Thanks miller210

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
The bags will fit if you get different saddlebag brackets. Ones that fit the cx. Cutting down some vetter mounts from another bike would be the fastest.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.