Honda CX 500 Forum banner

GL650 CX650 parts for SALE... Fairing, Floorboards, Heel/Toe Shift, Crash Bars

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  locomojo04 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm selling off the large stock fairing with all attachments. Has the dual horns, turn signals, headlight, chrome windshield trim, wiring is intact, nothing cut. Snap cover on left glovebox, I don't have a key to fit the right side one, but you can get it open with a flathead screwdriver. It's not damaged anywhere. I seen no cracks in it. Comes with mounting frame. and lower fairing plastics. All hardware included as well. I am also selling the 2 rear turn signals with the black metal mounting brackets, no cut wires, working when removed. I'm keeping the saddlebags. Also for sell is the crash bars with floorboards and heel toe shifter setup. I'd prefer to sell the fairing in one piece, but can part out if needed. The crashbars/floorboards/shifter will have to stay together though. Make me an offer on a part. I've not decided on prices yet. The bike only had 19k miles on it, done alot of sitting. If you have a GL650 with the standard front pegs and rear brake pedal I'm looking for those pieces, and can work out a trade. I'm also needing a stock chrome headlight bucket for this bike. Check out the pics. Thanks.

Vehicle Auto part Motor vehicle Car Engine
Vehicle Technology Fender
Auto part Vehicle Car Motorcycle
Auto part Pipe Vehicle Exhaust system
Auto part Engine Vehicle Carburetor Pipe
Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Vehicle
Technology Bumper Automotive exterior Electronic device
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Alloy wheel
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Rim
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Car
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motor vehicle
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motorcycle Motor vehicle
Motor vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Vehicle Headlamp Automotive lighting Car

See less See more
#3 ·
I was told that the GL650 engine/crash bars will fit a GL650 and CX650 but a CX650 won't fit a GL650, neither fit the 500 models without custom modifications.

The floorboards, heel/toe shifter, rear brake lever,and crash bars, are all attached and HAVE to stay together.
Highway pegs can be removed, but that's it.

#4 ·
Update. The floorboard/crashbars also fit GL500 models. I'm not sure about CX500, as I don't own one. But I'm thinking they do from what I've read. I know this because I put them on my 81 GL 500 to see. The don't use the top cylinder bolt to mount, so that's why they fit both. Made by MC Enterprises.

#6 ·
These look like the Markland type as described in this detailed post about CX crash bars from Hondaline and other manufacturers.

crash bar identification - Honda CX500 & GL500 Forum

This may help buyer and seller.
If you are referring to the floorboards with heel toe shifter they are not Marklands. The Marklands have a distinctively different look. The first picture that is shown says MC ....so the author is correct that the manufacturer is MC enterprises.

Reactions: Stan in Toronto
#11 ·
UPDATE: I still have the Honda fairings in good shape. No cracks or bad scratches, not crashed. No windshield. Has the metal bracket and complete wiring harness for it. Turn signals and headlight are in it.
Asking $50 plus shipping for them. They are very large so shipping will likely run $50+ I'm in Panama City, FL 32404.

That's all I have left. All the rest has been SOLD.

#12 ·
First time I've seen that shifter and boards - can you tell me anything about a source for these ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.