Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I added the new computer/ speedo last week. It's also been raining for a week straight and I keep the bike covered but I have to ride in the rain as the bike is my sole transport right now. That's the background.

3 days ago I had to jump it off. Now every time since it has to be jumped and the battery has slowly died over the last couple days.

Yesterday I took the new speedo out of the system since it's the only real change lately. No difference.

I pulled the ground while running and while it would idle, roughly, it wouldn't really rev. I didn't try to actually drive, it wouldn't even rev well without a load. Put the ground wire back on, runs fine but the battery isn't charging. I'm leaning to a charging issue.

Gonna go pull the seat off and get out my multi-meter. See If I can find anything.

Any hints as to what I should be looking for?

·
Registered
9 Posts
An excellent link that I got from here. Which was found here (the general discussion section, where Stitch, Charles and others have gathered information and made a sticky). Hopefully it's just some loose connections that can be cleaned up, but it could be a burned out stator, or maybe a bad regulator? Could be the new computer drawing funny power.

Good Luck,

Coop

1 - 3 of 3 Posts