Honda CX 500 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GL500i has a fork brace as shown in this picture. I don't see this on most of the photos of other bikes - is this an aftermarket piece, or do most pople remove them? What's the story? I think it is kind of ugly.

·
Registered
602 Posts
It is either custom made or aftermarket, I don't know who would have made it though.

It may be ugly but I would keep it if I were you, in my opinion a good fork brace helps the GL a lot.

·
Super Moderator
15,416 Posts
Yes it is ugly but like stated they are ugly. They also only interchange with the same or very similar front ends. If anyone is interested in buying one there is a company that makes them for $100 or so.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies.

The fairing is a simple little cafe style headlight bubble that was on the bike when I got it. I'm not sure if I will keep it on or not - it would need some minor repair and repaint. New ones similar to this are so cheap, it probably isn't worth the time or effort to fix it up. I may just remove it and go with a bare headlight look.

I'm slowly and methodically picking away at pieces of this bike as almost every piece needs some level of attention. As soon as I Por the tank, I can start it up and see how it runs with the rebuilt carbs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.